this is the earth, our planet, as seen from “outer space”
what is sustainability?
1. the universe is an organic whole, an interconnected “organism” which we are part of.
2. as human beings, or entities existing in the universe with consciousness, we can be considered as “nature become conscious of itself.”
3. we are the life force that is aware of its own existence within a greater system.
4. with knowledge of the fundamental principles of law and order, we have learned that a sustainable planet provides enough fresh air, food and water for all living beings.
5. today, we see that the earth’s ability to provide these resources is declining because of the way we are living. our oil-based, capitalist “economy” is based on the illusory idea of infinite growth, which is impossible on a planet with finite energy.
6. there must be a balance between “growth” and the planetary resources available.
7. as this awareness spreads, we will enter the greatest evolution in human thinking that has ever taken place. people will understand themselves to be integral components of universal harmony.